Wednesday, July 27, 2011

These baby Barn Swallows are just about ready to leave the nest!  Every summer we have a pair a swallows build their nest right above our lower level entrance.  It's so much fun watching them come & go, feeding their new babies, see the chicks grow and then leave the nest!  Stop up today or tomorrow to see them for yourself....they are easy to see from the top of our stairs.  The Minnesota Shop Hop 2011 starts this Friday and I don't think they will still be here, but we will have other fun things for you to see!

"Ready To Start Flying!"

I am currently trying to "churn out" more samples for the shop hop.  This is a picture of the sample I am just about to finish...  "Latte" Rose Cuddle (it's a really soft, cuddly fabric sort of like Mikee) with a pieced inner border using nearly all of the exclusive Quilt Minnesota fabrics...I plan to back it with one of this year's fabrics, use high loft batting and tie it!  It should make an adorable throw for the cabin, camper or car. 
Pieced & Ready to Quilt!
I will post the finished project...then you can let me know what you think. More projects to come ~ my 'thinking cap' is on and the wheels aren't just turning they're spinning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment